(or thank you in English) for making your reservation with us! We will soon be welcoming you for a few days to the San Blas Islands. In order to be best prepared, please read the following carefully:
Trip booked: Multi-day overnight stay on the San Blas Islands
Start/End: Panama City/Panama City
To-Do: Please send us until latest 48 hours before the trip (via email):
- Full name of all guests, passport numbers and birth dates: to register all guests with the local government. Please do not send photos of your ID. Thank you for your understanding.
- Name and address of your hostel/hotel in Panama City – in case of a private address/AirBnB please also send a phone number/WhatsApp
- Any dietary restrictions or allergies
- Pickup at your hotel: between 5-5:30am (drivers usually start with pickup in Casco Viejo and Caledonia area, then move along Highway 1/Carretera Panamerica towards Tocument to leave the City, pickup time will vary accordingly)
- Arrival in San Blas: at around 8-9am (port of Cartí). From here, ca. 20-35min boat ride to the island. On the island you can go swimming, snorkeling, wandering around the beaches, relax… whatever you are up to
- Meals: three delicious, fresh meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), starting with lunch on the first day
- Last day – Departure and return to Panama City: Departure from the island after breakfast and drop-off at your hotel in Panama City at around 1pm. If you have booked late departure, you will stay on the island until the afternoon (lunch included) and return to Panama City at around 7pm.
Payment method: Please pay the total amount to the driver in cash (US Dollars only).
Included: car ride from Panama City to San Blas and back (incl. pick-up and drop-off at your hotel), boat ride to the island, overnight stay in a traditional private cabin, meals during your time on the island (lunch, dinner, breakfast; starting with lunch on first day), afternoon tour
Not included: drinks/water/beverages (but can be brought or purchased), Kuna Yala entrance fee (20 USD per person and a fee for using the port of 2 USD per person; mandatory for all visitors to San Blas)
What to prepare/pack:
- Mandatory Masks in the car+boat
- Passport: mandatory, it will be checked upon entering the Comarca of Kuna Yala (San Blas) and when crossing the border
- Sufficient cash: in US Dollars to pay for the entire trip and entrance fee in cash, to buy drinks, snacks, souvenirs on the island (small bills of 1 USD and 5 USD highly recommended) – Card payment is not accepted and there is no ATM in San Blas
- Sun protection: for the island and the boat ride
- Water to drink: Water/soft drinks are not included in the package, please bring sufficient or purchase on the island
- Snacks (e.g. breakfast for Day 1 since first served meal on Day 1 will be lunch)
- Towels (no towels provided)
- Swimming gear, Sandals/FlipFlops
- Flash light
- Portable Power Bank to charge your phone etc. (islands have very limited power supply)
- Wetbag or plastic bag for your valuables in case of a wet boat ride or rain
- Snorkeling gear
Other helpful information
Undoubtedly stunningly beautiful and home to a fascinating indigenous culture, the San Blas Islands deserve their place as one of the top places to visit. But, a growing number of tourists and a lack of waste management infrastructure threaten this fragile ecosystem. As a company, we are working on eco-friendly solutions to protect our home and minimize the environmental, cultural and economic impact. As a visitor, there are a few ways how you can also support us in these efforts:
Packaging: We kindly ask you to minimize the amount of packaging that you bring to the island and, once you return to Panama City, take it back with you. San Blas does not have a functioning waste or recycling system for packaging and you can help by returning packaging with you and properly disposing of it in the city. If you purchase drinks on the island, we recommend to purchase cans since those are the only things actively collected and recycled.
Respecting nature: Do not touch the starfish or take them out of the water. Starfish are very delicate and touching them can do severe damage. Also, please do not stand on or touch corals – evens slight touches can cause irreversible damage.
Open mind: These beautiful islands are home to a unique indigenous culture with a way of life that is different from most and one whose standards may be different than your own. Bring an open mind and appreciate different lifestyles and you will have a wonderful time in this paradise.
Get in touch
Feel free to contact us at any time in case you should have further questions. We are looking forward to welcoming you in Kuna Yala (San Blas) soon!
Thanks and kind regards.
Your team from
San Blas Frontera